Monday, October 5, 2009

My First Gig!

Someone(my friend) actually asked if I could take some pictures of her kids!
My talent is being noticed at last, haha.

And I sure did learn a lot. The sun was a bit overcast, and so I just put my camera on auto, checking every once in a while to be sure that the aperture was in a good range for portrait shots(for a clear subject and blurred background you need a large aperture setting)- I should have trusted myself a bit more and used a more manual setting, because every once in a while the flash would pop up and bath my subject in unnatural flash lighting. Some of the flash shots actually worked out for the best though because my friend wanted to have some black and white images.

Also, I need to check on my polarizing filter more often. A polarizing filter blocks some of the suns rays that can make your pictures less precise and less colorful.

Here is one shot I took of my friends oldest.
friends,photography
And here is a shot of my number 2, which I realigned my polarizing lens before the shot. And you can see, a world of difference. The slight haze is missing(or filtered out)!
emma,photography


friends,photography
friends,photography
friends,photography
friends,photography
friends,photography

Another lesson learned; babies are tough. This little gal would hear the camera focus and literally run away. Not too many happy smiles were captured.
friends,photography
friends,photography
friends,photography
Well, I'll keep practicing. Another brave friend offered to let my try a family photo.

3 comments:

Snort said...

I love all the green in the background! These pics turned out awesome!

Anonymous said...

You're very talented! We may contact you for Christmas photos!

Kimberly said...

you have your own photoblog? kayla, why don't i know these things!? haha. They look Great, seth just finished the frame and i am getting anxious to print them off and hang them up!