My number one lesson learned today was pay more attention to lighting when you are choosing a location than how pretty the background is.
The day before, Adam and the girls helped me scout out some pretty spots in a park nearby to take the J family pictures. With the New England colors all around us, it is beautiful anywhere you look. There is a wonderful bridge that I wanted to use and some other nice looking places. When it came time to take pictures we were successful on the bridge and then stopped next to a lower lying bush to take some on the ground pics. This bush while quite lovely could have had much better lighting. I snapped away and got what I thought was a good group of family shots to choose from. So we took a walk to the lake and the colors just jumped out at us, but I didn't try as hard to get that great family picture because I thought I already had it in the bag.
Another lesson- always, always, try to get the money shot!
And I had a really enjoyable time. These two parents are the greatest, and their kids are so cute, and so expressive. I knew their little boy was exuberant, but I had no idea his little personality would show up in every shot. I think it is so adorable.
This is one of my favorite moments of the shoot, big brother is getting a little talking to as he takes it with a grin, big sister is being her cute self, and the baby is looking right at me. Plus the lighting rocks!
This another one of my favorites.











1 comment:
Thanks so much Kayla. You did a great job especially working with Carter. :) I love the colors.
Post a Comment